Do you enjoy working with young people? Are you excited about ensuring that all students have access to academic support? Would you like to be a part of an innovative ed-tech nonprofit?
The UPchieve High School Fellowship Coordinator is responsible for training, supervising and supporting high school student leaders and supporting the implementation of the UPchieve High School Fellowship. Fellows support their classmates and peers by encouraging them to take advantage of the free tutoring and college counseling coaches on UPchieve.
This is an opportunity to make a meaningful contribution in an ed-tech nonprofit, have hands-on interaction with motivated adolescents, and build a professional network in education technology. Previous experience supporting students as a tutor, mentor, camp counselor or similar role is desired.
- In partnership with the Programs Team, design a brand-new, innovative, student-led program to transform the way UPchieve is shared in schools
- Get creative and encourage student creativity as they develop social media, marketing materials, blog posts and more
- Supervise and motivate UPchieve High School Fellows, including regular email communications, day to day support, and weekly check-ins. Share valuable insights from your work with students with the team
- Learn from professionals in the fields of marketing, technology, design and community engagement
- Partner with UPchieve staff to facilitate one monthly fellowship meeting per month (February - May/June)
- Provide feedback to high school students and maintain ongoing communication with UPchieve staff and school staff about progress