UPchieve is an edtech nonprofit that provides free, 24/7 online tutoring and college counseling to low-income high school students in the U.S. Using our app, students can request and get paired with a live, volunteer tutor in under 5 minutes. Our mission is to democratize access to academic support so that all students have an equal opportunity to finish high school, attend college, and achieve upward mobility. So far, we’ve matched 100,000+ on-demand tutoring requests from 30,000+ students across all 50 states. Our work has also been recognized by Forbes and TIME, and our funders include both Y Combinator and the Gates Foundation. Watch this video to see our impact on students.
Who we’re looking for
We’re a small team taking on the monumental challenge of democratizing access to academic support. That means we need team members who are excited by autonomy and willing to work on projects outside the scope of their job description if needed. Regardless of role, we also look for candidates who have a personal connection to our cause or a demonstrable interest in education or serving low-income populations.
About Our Team & Office
- We’re a remote-first team located across the U.S.
- We highly value diversity of experiences and perspectives. 2/3 of the team are people of color, and many of us have personal experience growing up low-income or navigating nontraditional educational pathways
- We believe working full-time means 40 hours/week. Non-work stuff is important too!
- 3 weeks paid vacation AND 20+ days of paid holidays (including Dec 24 - Jan 1)
- Flexible work schedule (choose your own hours)
- $1,000 annual professional development budget (learning and self-improvement is a huge part of our work culture!)
- $1,000 annual remote work budget
- Up to 100% covered employee health insurance
- Half-day Fridays during summer